Sunday, July 11, 2021

2020-2021 Contenders Basketball

2020-2021 Contenders Basketball:  I've been resigned to not finding any Contenders Basketball, or basketball cards in general.  I'm a Contenders guy and when I found a lot of 12 packs on eBay for just over $7 a pack I was happy with that price even if that is more packs of a product than I'd normally buy.  Over the next year I'll show them all off.  What? The Suns are in the Finals?  The Suns could go up 3-0 tonight on the Bucks in the NBA Finals?  Devin Booker is one of the great players in the league?  Yes on all accounts.
The design is one I'm good with.  The space for the photos is a bit small though. Seems like the players are crammed into the space.  Not sure who thought that was a good idea.  Still I'm happy overall.  Ayton really is having a coming out party in the playoffs this year.
The backs are okay.  Plenty of color.  The veterans checklist is 100 cards so you can expect a pretty good pull in each pack.  I was hoping I'd grab some team sets from the 12 packs but the rookie cards are tough pulls.  As a reminder the numbers are the following:
Sec=Weight  Row=Height  Seat=Jersey Number
I'm hoping Milwaukee can stage a comeback in the NBA Finals but they'll need Jrue Holiday to be the player he was in the regular season and not the hot mess he was in games 1 and 2.  I'm really happy with cards and maybe even more happy to just bust some basketball cards.  Game Time inserts are a really nice looking insert.  Pulling a Doncic makes them even better.


BREAKDOWN:
22 – Total Cards
2 – 2020 Draft Class
1 – Game Night
1 – Red Parallel
1 – Green Game Ticket Parallel


3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice Luka insert. I'm growing tired of the Contenders brand but I read somewhere that there were retail packs of this at Five Below. I didn't see any cards there last time I checked (about two weeks ago) but if these were there I'd grab some regardless of the intrusive design.

      I really hope Milwaukee can pull it together and make this a series. Nothing against the Suns though. Booker is incredible.

      Delete
    2. I keep thinking they'll get a bit more original with this brand while staying true to their roots but no luck so far. Pulling for Milwaukee to figure it out. I'm not sure they can but here's to them pulling a rabbit out of their hat.

      Delete