Tuesday, July 20, 2021

Random Wax: 2020-2021 Hoops Basketball Winter Blaster

2020-2021 Hoops:  Hoping Milwaukee can close things out tonight but in no way am I counting the Suns out of this thing.  Back in March it felt like I hit the lottery when I found these on the shelves.  At the time of my first post I didn't even know I had the winter Hoops cards...heck I didn't even know there was a winter version.  Love this Jimmy Butler photo.
Great pull here.  Was really excited to grab a Lillard.  That Harden photo is pretty cool too.
My rookie pull was headlined by LeMelo who won Rookie of the Year for his fine season.  I thought Anthony Edwards might sneak in and pull it off but it wasn't to be.  Williams had a good year for the Bulls and Haliburton looks to be an up and comer after a really nice year with the Kings.
I think these are pretty cool inserts.  We don't see it on the court all the time but these guys have lots of love for each other and at the end of the day most are big fans of the game just like us. 
Lights Camera Action is a favorite insert from the set.  
Rookie Sweater Relics and autos are possible in the blasters and I pulled this relic.  Avdija averaged six points and 4 boards a game in his rookie season.
It's great to see Khris Middleton get some props during the Finals.  He really is a good second to Giannis.  He can handle the ball and has a sweet shot.
Ja Morant had a good second season in the NBA.  I'm sure everyone would like to see him get better shooting the three but he's still a star on the rise.
Simmons may have to get new plates if he is traded this offseason though his shooting woes and salary will make him tough to move.  Love these Slam inserts.  I'm really wanting to collect the set but the current prices make that a tough road to hoe.  We'll see.  This was a fun box.  Go Bucks!

BREAKDOWN: 
88 – Total Cards
22 – RC
3 – Lights Camera Action
2 – Frequent Flyers
2 – Purple Parallel
1 – Jersey Swap
1 – Arriving Now
1 – Vanity Plates
1 – Slam Magazine
1 – Rookie Sweaters


4 comments:

  1. Nice action shot on the Harden. And I'm guessing a huge congratulations are in order for pulling the Ball rookie. I remember when the dad was making headlines a few years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's nice NOT to hear about Ball's dad anymore. He was such a distraction. It was a nice pull.

      Delete