Tuesday, July 6, 2021

Random Wax: 2020-2021 Contenders Draft Picks with an Auto

2020-2021 Contenders Draft Picks Basketball:  This is one of the packs I found in the wild back in Novermber.  The NBA Finals kicks off tonight so I had to do some basketball.  I'll be rooting for the Bucks but the fact that Phoenix has never won a title makes them tough to root against.  We'll kick this pack off with Kawhi who is a PC guy.  Would have been nice to see what the Clip's series with the Suns looked like with a healthy Leonard.
I pulled one of the Ball brothers just not the one everyone is chasing.  I'll be curious where his career goes.  He's a restricted free agent I think and I'm not sure what to think of him at this point.  
Plenty of veteran star power in the pack too.  These guys look so young and I guess they were.  Almost unrecognizable. 
One of the two autos I pulled in the packs I grabbed at the time.  Zeke had a minimal role with Denver this year but it looked like he played OK given the limited opportunity.
More vets to round out the pack.  You can never complain when you pull an auto and with the base set at only 100 total cards (50 with a photo variation of each) you're gonna get some good players in these packs.   We'll end it with Zion.  Enjoy game one tonight!


BREAKDOWN:
18 – Total Cards
2 – Winning Ticket
2 – Game Ticket Green Parallel 
1 – 2020 Draft Class
1 – Red Game Ticket Auto #/99


4 comments:

  1. Cool Zion.And seeing the Haliburten makes me even more annoyed the Knicks took Toppin over him.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love looking back at old drafts and seeing what teams could have done. Normally the Hawks and Blazers end up on the bad end of those. That said, you can look at any draft and it can be somewhat of a crap shoot.

      Delete
  2. Awesome looking cards! I prefer the Zion and Kyrie cards since I am a Duke Blue Devils fan.

    ReplyDelete