Thursday, July 22, 2021

Bucks win NBA Title!

 

The Milwaukee Bucks came back from a 2-0 deficit to win the NBA Championship 4-2.  I was rooting for the Bucks which makes this all the more fun for me.  The Bucks had to wait 50 years between championships.  That's a crazy long time for any fan base.  That said Phoenix goes home having still never won it all.  I do feel for them.  They have great fans and such good players who were equally deserved.  

But Giannis wasn't going to be denied.  This was definitely a team effort but enough can't be said about what he did in the series.  He was incredible.  If he doesn't go 17-19 at the free throw line in game 6 that game has a completely different feel, and maybe outcome.  I'm happy for him, Middleton, Lopez and all the Bucks.  When Giannis signed long term with Milwaukee it was a win for small market teams and it was hard not root for these guys.  Fun series to watch.

Fun post series note: Devin Booker, Kris Middleton and Jrue Holiday flew together to Japan to join Team USA.  I know there was probably some awkwardness to it but I hope in the moment of just them they could all enjoy themselves.  


4 comments:

  1. Congrats to Ducks. I wanted the Suns, but good series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only saw a few minutes of the series here and there. I was pulling for CP3 and the Suns... but am happy for Bucks fans.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both were easy to cheer for. Couldn't complain with either as Champs.

      Delete