Friday, August 20, 2021

2021 Allen and Ginter Blaster

2021 Allen & Ginter:  These weren't flying off the shelf and after seeing them two weeks in a row I picked up a blaster.  I'm glad I did.  Plenty of good cards and I pulled the one I really wanted...Uncle Larry...AKA Andrew McCutcheon's awesome alter ego.  I really want the 2020 Topps Series 2 SP of this photo but the price makes that not an option so this is the next best thing.
The design is a bit boring to me.  Not much going on.  Still I that's about the only negative I got.
Love the inclusion of retired greats.  It's fun finding football here too.  Trevor Lawrence is probably who everyone is hoping for but I like pulling Randall Cunningham any day.
This is a T51 MURAD Reimagined.  Not sure what MURAD is for and doesn't matter to me.  It's a good looking card.  The backs talk about a highlight which for Bobby Dalbec here was his performance in a doubleheader.  
These three are all Base SP cards.  Stoked to pull Harold Baines.  Big fan and always liked the look of those blue and white unis.  I also liked seeing Sparky Anderson who looks like he's ready to rip in to someone.
Great looking card which is a Deep Sea Shiver.
The non-athletes I pulled.  I was not familiar with any of these three.  Still enjoy pulling them and learning about these guys.
On to the minis.  I know plenty of folks like these but I'm not a big fan.  The Chipper helps ease the pain a bit.  The LeMahieu is a black border parallel while the Dylan Carlson is a Rookie Design Variation.
More minis to include an A&G back parallel.  
My last mini.  Not my favorite.  Not much to see here.
The Arboreal Appreciation and Birds of a Feather inserts are nice.  The appeal of this brand is of course the variety and non-sport inclusions.
Animals are always fun and who doesn't like a manatee?  I do like A&G and this box did nothing to change my mind.  They are always interesting with all the different kinds of cards available in the checklist.  Below are my Topps Historical Hits pulls.  


BREAKDOWN:
48 – Total Cards
11 – Retired Greats
4 – SP
4 – Mini Base
2 - T51 MURAD Reimagined
2 – Topps Historical Hits
1 - Football
1 – Rallying Back
1 – Deep Sea Shiver
1 – Birds of a Feather
1 – Mini A&G Parallel
1 – Mini Far Far Away
1 – Mini World Leaders
1 - Arboreal Appreciation
1 – Mini Black Border Parallel
1 – Mini Rookie Design Variation


5 comments:

  1. Dalbec's card has his arm perfectly morphing into the circular frame. It's a little disturbing honestly...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I keep seeing that Carlson card, and not a single person has yet to say who he is, or why he's in the set. I have no clue who he is either, and am loathe to Google him. The manatee and shark cards look really well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's an actor who did some work on soap opera. I'm sure there's more to his story but I'm Googling it either. I actually thought it was Will Ferrell doing a character. But nope.

      Delete