Sunday, August 15, 2021

2021 Chronicles Draft Picks Football Blaster

 2021 Chronicles Draft Picks Football: I like Chronicles as a whole.  The concept gives you plenty of design options and multiples of players.  I grabbed these when I found them in the wild.  Also picked up a few packs.  The price on the packs were $9.99 which I wasn't expecting.  I'll show those packs off through the year. I like the Illusions cards and pulling a Trevor Lawrence pink parallel was a nice surprise.
There is plenty of variety in Chronicles.  I like the Score throwback look.  The Prestige are simple and nice as well.  The Mac Jones is a pink parallel.
The Select are decent looking cards as well.

Some shiny cards.  The Flux card is as annoying in hand as it looks here.  I don't get what they are going for though I'm sure some folks like it.
A Derek Carr relic seems very random considering he is the only veteran in the entire box.
This was a fun box.  It'll be more fun, assuming some of these guys end up doing well, looking back at this post in years to come.  I'd maybe grab a few more singles of these but I won't pick up more packs or boxes in the wild.


BREAKDOWN:
20 – Total Cards
4 – Rookies & Stars
3 – Pink Parallel
2 – Score
2 - Prestige
2 – Illusions
2 – Donruss
1 – Flux
1 – Optic
1 – Status
1 – Recon
1 – Select
1 – Spectra
1 – Craftsman Jersey Relic


8 comments:

  1. I get the appeal for this product. Lots of variety. But I feel like I've seen the 1989 Score design (one of my all-time favorite football card designs) used over and over again. I'd hate to see them pull a Topps and overuse a past design because they've run out of ideas.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've seen the '89 Score design a lot lately. I loved it when they brought it back a few years back. I still love it but overuse is the sure way to kill something just like you're saying.

      Delete
  2. As a Buckeye fan, I have to say that I like the Shaun Wade sporting the scarlet and grey.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. I love busting boxes and wax packs. The variety here makes it fun for me.

      Delete