Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Random Wax: 2021 Topps Baseball Hanger Box

2021 Topps Baseball:  I've pulled this card quite a bit but it is fun.  Always helps when you have two young exciting stars as the focus. 
This year's flagship offering is a design I like.  Not an all-time favorite and the miniature font is so annoying but I like the design overall.
Bell is hitting dingers this year but his average is down.  He, like most Pirates with any talent was traded off.  Would like to see that pay off soon and see Pittsburgh relevant again.
This was a good box when I opened it in February and about the only thing that's changed is Ohtani's outrageous year at the plate and on the mound.  I already liked the throwback design and Ohtani so it is a win win.

One half of the St. Louis Cardinals' infield.  I don't care for the Cards but like both of these guys.
Youngsters.
Darvish is doing well as a Padre.  Doesn't have the micro ERA of 2020 but still doing good.

These team cards are fun.  Waino is a PC guy.  Standup guy and leader on the team and in the community.  Good box of cards.  


BREAKDOWN:
67 – Total Cards
7 – RC
4 - Teams
4 – 1952 Topps Redux
2 – Checklist
2 – Future Stars
2 – Royal Blue Parallel
1 – League Leaders
1 – Home Run Challenge
1 – Stars in Service
1 – Major League Material Relic
1 - 1986 Topps Baseball 35th Anniversary


4 comments:

  1. I've come across a few of the royal blue parallels and like them a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As much as I bag on Topps and their decision to force throwback insert sets down our throats... I would have been happy to pull that 52T Ohtani from a pack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm happy pulling anything named Ohtani right now. Lol

      Delete