Friday, August 13, 2021

2021 Donruss Elite Football Blaster

 2021 Donruss Elite Football: Surprised to find these last week and was more than happy to pick up a blaster.  Tom Terrific highlighted the box though it was odd to see him in a Patriot uni when he is shown in his Bucs uni on inserts.  Also found some Chronicles which I'll show off later this weekend.
Pretty good pull.  Some PC guys and plenty of stars. The design here is okay but not something I'd gush over.  About what I expect from Donruss Elite.
I like these inserts.  They really are nothing special but I like the look.  They are also slightly raised ala Action Packed.  Not that extreme but it's there.
The backs are plain which is to be expected.  That Mayfield is an Aspirations Shimmer parallel #/499.  Looks really good in hand.
I enjoy the inclusion of retired greats.  Fun box.  I won't pick up anymore.  Twenty cards for the price of a blaster just doesn't make it worth it for me with this brand.  I like the Spellbound inserts below.  I can see collectors chasing a player's entire name.  There are only seven players in the Spellbound set: Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes, Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, Randy Moss, Dan Marino, and Jerry Rice.

BREAKDOWN:
20 – Total Cards
2 – RC
2 – Spellbound
2 – Full Throttle (Raised)
2 – Retired Greats
1 – Aspirations Shimmer Parallel #/499



2 comments:

  1. These look cool. I like the Full Throttle cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good looking cards. The inserts were my favorite part of my pull.

      Delete