Saturday, August 28, 2021

2021 Chronicles NASCAR Blaster

2021 Chronicles Racing:  Found these in the wild and was very excited.  The last of the regular season races is tonight at Daytona so this was found just in time. Chronicles is a brand I like and was very excited to hear Jeff Gordon would make his return to trading cards in this set.  And boom I pull this pretty cool looking Titan green parallel. 
Chronicles is nothing if not full of variety.  Plenty of brand names you'll be familiar with and probably one or two that you aren't familiar with.  Glad to pull one of my favorites in Bubba Wallace who is racing for a new team this year.  Denny Hamlin is having a great year.  Crazy though he's second in points but has zero wins on the season.
Plenty of youngsters in the set.  Austin Dillon isn't that new but is on that blue parallel which is #/199. 
There are shiny options to be had.  That Black is a green parallel.  I like that design even if the car is pointed straight up.  I like the Crusade cards as well.
More shiny fun.  Glad to pull a Brittney Zamora.  All the ladies of racing are fun to follow and hoping they continue to progress.  I wish the Contenders weren't Optics but I know it's popular that way.
That Select is pretty cool looking.  That Michael Waltrip is a Gold Standard card.  I'm not the first to mention this but I would say my only nit picking would be about the photos.  Lots of drivers standing straight up and down.  I get options might be limited but there has to be something else.  Leaning up against a car, inside a car with no helmet on, in the garage talking, anything really would help break up seeing the same thing card after card.
Smoke!  Legend.
Another Bubba card makes me happy.  Really thought they'd do something on the Absolute borders to make specific to racing like Panini has done with the Absolute offerings in other sports.  Tire treads maybe though i know NASCAR tires don't have treads.  
This really was a fun box.  Only getting 25 cards is a bit tough but I'm still happy with these. Hailee Deegan is a favorite and like seeing her on these cool Titan card.


BREAKDOWN:
25 – Total Cards
3 – Titan
3 – Retired Greats
3 – Green Parallel
2 – Score
2 – Zenith
2 – Limited
2 – Phoenix
2 – Absolute
2 – Contenders Optic
1 – Black
1 – Select
1 – Spectra
1 – Obsidian
1 – Pennacle
1 – Chronicles
1 – Gold Standard
1 – Blue Parallel #/199
1 – Pedal to the Medal
1 – Chronicles Swatches


No comments:

Post a Comment