Friday, October 29, 2021

1994 Team USA Fleer Flair

1994 USA Basketball Fleer Flair:  I neglected to throw up a basketball post on opening night so let's rectify that.  Here's a pack of Team USA Fleer Flair for 1994.  Never seen these before so they are a welcome sight.  Shaq led this team averaging 18 PPG and RPG.
Great 'Nique and Reggie cards.  They made their debuts with the '94 Team USA squad and no player returned from the infamous '92 team.  The design and photos are really good.  I do wish the Team USA jersey shot was in the forefront as that is the basis of this set and we get to see their NBA jerseys plenty in other sets.  
Love how they prioritized shooting even back then.  Thunder Dan and Steve Smith were such sharp shooters.  This Team USA roster won gold at the FIBA World Cup.  The backs have decent write-ups.
Great seeing the ladies team get an inclusion here as well as the coaches.  These are really good looking cards and they didn't brick which I was really worried about.  Wish I had picked these up prior to the Olympics.  Hope everyone else is enjoying the NBA season too.  Go Blazers and Hawks!


BREAKDOWN:
10 – Total Cards
7 – Rookie Year
1 - Legend
1 – Personal Note
1 – Career Highlights


6 comments:

  1. I remember buying these at the grocery store back in the day, out of the little cardboard box packs. I probably had about 1/3 of the set back then, but I never concerned myself with any type of set completion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are pretty cool and I always liked that they came in boxes.

      Delete
  2. These are cool. That Shaq is awesome. Love Reggie in the old Pacers uniform too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a small collection of Team USA cards from various years and brands. I tend to pick them up if I find them in dime or quarter boxes. That Shaq card would look nice in either my Team USA collection or my Big Man collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fun pulling Shaq and I like this with the Team USA tie in.

      Delete