Tuesday, October 26, 2021

1994 Topps Universal Monsters

 1994 Universal Monsters:  The pack of this one says Universal Monsters Illustrated with a 1991 trademark but it seems to come up as 1994 Universal Monsters when I do the Google thing.  <shrugs>  I do like these.  The illustrations are basic but affective.  
My pack stuck to the big hitters of the Universal Monster universe including The Bride of Frankenstein and Dracula. 
The backs may be even better than the fronts.  Two images and and an explanation of what we see on the front.  Glad they don't duplicate the photo from the front.
The Wolfman is my favorite of the era.  Just something about the character's look and the movie I always enjoyed.
Looks like the Wolfman is hugging his human self at first look.
These are representations of The Bride of Frankenstein and The Invisible Man.
Fun pack.  I love this genre of movies.  I really hope they can do a successful reboot of the universe someday.

BREAKDOWN:
8 - Total Cards

3 comments:

  1. Between this set and Topps' 1996 release, Universal Monsters of the Silver Screen, the mid 90's were a good time to be a card collecting monster kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. P.S. I hope that they are never able to successfully reboot these franchises, leave the classics alone!

      Delete
    2. I can't argue with you. The classics are just that - classics. Maybe just have the offshoots of these guys like we've seen before (vampire movies, werewolf movies) not direct reboots.

      Delete