Saturday, October 30, 2021

2002 Bench Warmer with Autograph

2002 Bench Warmer:  This pack was a winner for more than the obvious reasons.  I pulled an autograph of Ms. Katie Lae.  Not sure what she is up to these days but it's always fun to find an auto when opening wax.  I like to add these to my October blogging as one, I do like this genre of cards and October is Breast Cancer Awareness month.  Make sure you are checking out Collecting Cutch's Save Second Base campaign.  He does this every October on his blog to up breast cancer awareness.  Check out what he does and you can visit the National Breast Cancer Organization to donate or get educated. 
The ladies really do stand out on these cards but the design needs some color to it.  They've done a good job of doing that in other designs.  You can see those I've posted here.  I do think the Bench Warmer logo is a really nice but again I don't think it would take much to add some splash to the card without detracting from the ladies.  Like you really could.
That first back of from a Preview Card.  The others are standard backs that contains stats and information about the modes.  Pretty corny but it works.
This Replay Card and Bonus Card seem to be part of the base set with no difference other than the circle logo in the corner.  I prefer the basic Bench Warmer logo. 
Fun cards and nice looking ladies.  I hope you enjoyed.  Make sure you're checking out Cutch's blog year round.  
BREAKDOWN: 
8 - Total Cards
1 - Autograph
1 - Bonus Card
1 - Replay Card
1 - Preview Card

4 comments:

  1. I have a few of these BW cards in my Japanese PC. I've picked up a few BW boxes over the years, because it was a cheap way to pull autographs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen autos can be easier pulls in some of these. I think this is my first BW auto but I'm not a huge buyer.

      Delete