Tuesday, November 16, 2021

1991-1992 Topps Stadium Club Hockey

1991-1992 Stadium Club Hockey: Not sure I ever picked these up back in the day but I know I liked its baseball counterpart.  Photography as always is at a premium on these.
    The card design is pretty simplistic.  The photos are a bit dated as they feel darker than what we are used to today.  Might be due to technology or maybe just how arenas are lighted now.
Love how they show a past card of the player on the back.  Sporting News was a big sponsor of this set.  You see their scouting report on the back and there is a separate card in each pack promoting the magazine.  I subscribed to Sporting News for a long time and was a big fan so this was fun to see.  Overall these backs are pretty cool and I like how they incorporated the ice as the background.
I may not be the biggest hockey fan but I do enjoy hockey cards.  This was a fun pack looking for greats of the game and also seeing some of the different jerseys and franchises from years past.  


BREAKDOWN:
12 – Total Cards
2 – Hall of Famers


4 comments:

  1. I really like this set, great photography. One of the first packs I found and opened after I began collecting the sport in 2017.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's cool. Stadium Club was something we could all get into back in the day across the different sports.

      Delete
  2. Great set. Hope to find a cheap one in a binder at a card show or flea market one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Found this pack in a card shop. Didn't even remember that Stadium Club did hockey back then.

      Delete