Sunday, November 7, 2021

2020 Donruss NASCAR Race Kings Set

2020 Donruss NASCAR: The Championship race is today for NASCAR. Chase Elliott (reigning champion), Kyle Larson, Martin Truex Jr. and Denny Hamlin are the four drives competing for the 2021 crown.  I'll be rooting for Elliott who is one my favorite drivers in the sport and is very popular with fans as a whole.
I enjoy the "Kings" of all the Donruss sets.  I picked this one up on eBay.  It harkens back to 1987 with that retro Donruss design.  Not a favorite of mine back in the day but I think it works here with the black and tires in the gray border areas.
Kyle Busch is my favorite driver but he just missed the cut in the last round of playoffs.
I like that Richard Petty is included here.  The King is an appropriate inclusion.  
Martin Truex Jr. has had a really good year and should show well on Sunday as he goes for the championship.  He has one championship already under his belt.  
If Elliott doesn't win I hope Hamlin does.  He's been so good for a long time but never been able to score a championship.  Kyle Larson will be the favorite out of the four drivers.  He has been so dominant this year.  If he wins it will be well deserved.  Can't wait for the race today and I'll call my pop and watch the end of the race with him like I do every week.


BREAKDOWN:
15 – Total Cards
3 – Retired Greats


2 comments:

  1. Great looking set! My stepson is trying to complete the Race Kings from 2020 and 2021 Donruss. We are watching the race too. Since Byron is not in contention for the championship, I am also taking Elliott to win it all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wasn't to be but I can't complain about Larson taking hoe the championship. My pop is a big Larson fan so he was really happy.

      Delete