Tuesday, November 9, 2021

1993-1994 Upper Deck Basketball Special Edition

 1993-1994 Upper Deck Basketball Special Edition: This is one of my favorite Upper Deck basketball releases especially after those first few releases.   The Admiral is a great place to start with this Electric Court insert which is basically a parallel.  A favorite of mine, this guy was so fun to watch.  Great all around player and person.
The design was kind of cool  to me.  The subdued photo on the side, even if it was a duplicate, worked for me.  The black and silver color scheme.  Rodman as a Spur.  Still hard to fathom that one.  He seems so polar opposite of who those teams were with David Robinson and later Tim Duncan at the lead.  They did win 62 and 55 games in his two seasons with the Spurs.
The backs were good with a different photo even if the stats were minimal.  
That Wayman Tisdale is a deadline insert.  Fun pack.  David Robinson made the pack for me but I always enjoy old basketball wax and the memories these players bring out.

BREAKDOWN:
10 – Total Cards
1 – Headline
1 – Duplicate
1 – Electric Court



4 comments:

  1. I never could get into this set, even now the layout is still one of my least favorites from the era. I do however enjoy the players that one will find in these packs, and wouldn't pass up the opportunity to open a few up if I were to come across some on the cheap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never pass up on basketball from this era at the right price.

      Delete
  2. I have posted comments before but late 1980s to mid 1990s are some of my favorite years for basketball cards. Those were favorite years to watch the sport too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely fun times and right in my wheelhouse as well.

      Delete