Sunday, January 30, 2022

Random Wax: 2020 Contenders Football

2020 Contenders Football: Tonight we'll find out if this guy and the Rams are headed back to the Super Bowl.  I'm a big Mahomes fan, I like former Georgia alum Matthew Stafford and Joe Burrow as one of the next great quarterbacks in the league.  Any of those guys making it to the big game would be a plus for me.
I like the Contenders brand, which is not something I can say for most collectors, but the 2020 design while overall is good to me though it leaves very little room for the photo itself.  Didn't turn me off from picking these up.
A couple of nice MVP inserts.  I'm hoping both these guys can bounce back with better years next season.
Pretty good pull in this pack.  With the Bears struggles it's easy to forget about Khalil Mack but he was still able to total six sacks in seven games before injuries shut him down for the 2021 season.
These guys will all be front in center in any success their team will have in the championship games tonight.
Always fun cards.  Can't wait to see the games today.  Good luck to your teams and let's hope for good games on par with last week's.  Or even just somewhat close to those.

BREAKDOWN:
22 – Total Cards
2 – MVP Contenders
1 – Round Numbers
1 – Rookie of the Year Contenders



7 comments:

  1. Nice looking cards. I am rooting for Cincinnati and Los Angeles today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be happy with that pairing in the Super Bowl!

      Delete
  2. That Round Numbers insert looks like they were meant to be signed by both players. Go Bengals and Rams!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does with all that white space. I'd be happy with those teams in the SB.

      Delete
  3. Those are some nice looking cards. Once again, my favorite is the recently retired Ben Roethlisberger, but that should not be a surprise to you. I was not cheering for the Bengals today, but I do have say that Joe Burrow is making me a believer of his talents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hard not to think Joe Burrow isn't going to be a really good QB in the league. He's fun to watch.

      Delete