Monday, October 31, 2022

Mark Spears Monsters

Mark Spears Monsters:  Happy Halloween!  I've liked Mark Spears art since I've first saw it. The color and his depictions of these classics really work for me.  This Concepts Bride of Frankenstein take is one I like and she is a favorite of mine from the Universal Monsters universe.
Very creepy Mr. Happy.  I like the card design in that the simplicity allows you to just enjoy the art.  My biggest gripe is I can't find the checklist for this set.  He doesn't have a website and his store is on Amazon.  It has to be somewhere.
Nice synopsis of the characters we see on the front.  I like the design mostly because of the "group shot" and cobwebs at the top.  
My sticker.  Each pack also comes with a piece of gum which is smartly wrapped in plastic. No gum stains here.
Lord Varick reminds me of Marcus who was one of the Volturi in the Twilight Saga.  Doctor Maltorius looks like he would be found in an 80s horror movie.
The Classic Chrome is my other insert. Looks like Dracula's wives aren't happy with something the Bride of Frankenstein served on cribbage night at Dr. Frankenstein's.  I really enjoyed these cards.  If I was an art guy I'd definitely pick up his to hang somewhere.  I will chase more of his cards though.

BREAKDOWN:
7 – Total Cards
1 – Sticker
1 – Classic Chrome
1 – Original Concept
1 – Stick Bubble Gum



4 comments:

  1. Pretty cool product. Couldn't find a checklist for you, but according to his Kickstarter page there are 72 cards in the set. I'd leave a link, but then it'd get this comment marked as spam.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I went and looked, those packs sure aren't cheap!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was able to grab one for $6 with shipping as part of a pack lot buy on eBay.

      Delete