Friday, December 18, 2020

2020 NASCAR Prizm Blaster

2020 NASCAR Prizm: I'm not a shiny card guy but couldn't pass this up when I found it a Wal-Mart out of town.  Always chasing the Hailee Deegan cards but if I could pull one card this year it was this Denny Hamlin short print and boom there he is!  He is wearing a mask of...his own face.  It is creepy funny and I love it.  Hamlin is a great driver who finished 4th in the NASCAR standings this year and will be a Hall of Famer someday when he calls it quits
The design is very solid on these.  That Jimmie Johnson is a blue parallel.  Jimmie retired and is an all-time great with seven NASCAR championships.  Harvick and Keselowski finished 5th and 2nd respectively in the 2020 standings and each have a championship on their resume.
Chase Elliott was the 2020 NASCAR Champion.  I enjoy cards with the cars on them and this one works though the scan makes it look like it is cracking in places on this Powertrain insert.
A couple of younger drivers on these Next Level and NUMB3R5 inserts.  Tony Stewart is a retired great and two time champion.  This is my second SP which is easily determined by the checkered pattern framing the driver and write-up on back of those cards.  
This National Pride insert is not bad and gives us a shot of the driver and the car. For a box of 24 cards there is pretty good variety in terms of inserts and parallels.
The Stained Glass inserts are pretty cool though stained glass and NASCAR seem an odd pairing.  That Ryan Blaney is a blue parallel.  One of these is my Silver Mosaic which is numbered /199.  I think it is the Austin Dillon.
Fan favorite Clint Bowyer retired at the end of the season.  I think he'll be a great announcer.  He's very funny and likable. I'm a fan so pulling him is always fun.
Clint Bowyer hot box?  The 2020 NASCAR season was a good one even in the chaos that was 2020.  NASCAR did a great job adjusting on the fly and keeping the sport front and center as others sat on the sidelines.  This was a fun box.  You'll probably see another of these from me at some point given the chance.  I'll leave you with another card of your 2020 NASCAR Champion Chase Elliott.

BREAKDOWN: 
24 – Total Cards
4 – Stained Glass
3 – Blue and Carolina Blue Parallel
2 – SP
2 - Velocity
2 –Power Train
1 – Numb3r5
1 - Fireworks
1 – Next Level
1 – Blue Parallel
1 – National Pride
1 – Silver Mosaic #/199






 


.
 

6 comments:

  1. Wow...a mask SP. I can already see Topps drooling. The Stained Glass cards look cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be surprised if there aren't more mask cards in our future.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations on pulling the SP mask card. You said it best. Creepy fun. It's a cool card that will keep us in touch with 2020 for years to come.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a shiny card collector per say, but I do have to say that I like the look of the William Byron number 24 card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These aren't bad in hand but I'm not a shiny card guy either.

      Delete