Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Home Work: A Memoir of My Hollywood Years by Julie Andrews

 Home Work: A Memoir of My Hollywood Years by Julie Andrews: I'm a big Julie Andrews fan and received this as a gift for which I'm very grateful.  I really enjoyed her first book Home: A Memoir of My Early Years and I was surprised to find I never did a review on it.  I really enjoyed this book just as much as the first.  The first memoir included her youth and her young career through Broadway.  This one picks things up as she starts her Hollywood career.  I'm glad she took two books to cover her life.  I do feel this one seems to move too fast at points but that is me being greedy and just wanting to have more insight into her life and the movies she made.  Her personal life is front and center as well.  She had a large family and like any family had it's issues.  Still she was a good mother through it all while balancing a career and home life.  The ending of the book seemed a bit abrupt as it really does stop when the bulk her movie career was over.  I doubt she is planning a third book but I think there'd be enough to fill one if she wanted to. Bottom line is if you like Julie Andrews you'll enjoy this book.  My favorite Julie Andrews movies are the The Sound of Music, Victor Victoria, and The Princess Diaries.  And did you know...she once showed her breasts in a movie?  Oh yeah...www.google.com...  Those are my random thoughts on this book.

 

2 comments:

  1. I have 10 to 15 books I need to read before I even begin thinking about something like this. Considering I read 1 (maybe 2) books a year... I doubt this will pop up on my radar. It's more likely that I'll sit down and watch The Sound of Music instead ;D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If wasn't such a fan I'd be in the same boat. Now I need to catch up some on Star Wars books.

      Delete