Saturday, December 25, 2021

2021 Topps Holiday Mega Box

2021 Topps Holiday Baseball:  Merry Christmas!  Topps threw out subtlety in this year's holiday offering.  But nothing wrong with going all in.  This Rare Yelich is the one variation I pulled.  I also pulled one of his last year.
I'm okay with the over the top design this year.  There is no mistaking these as holiday cards.  I prefer the 2019 or 2020 designs but not going to complain about these.
The set ise made up of Series 1, Series 2, and Update cards but also include players in late season trades who didn't make it into Update.  That includes this Kris Bryant card with him in a Giants uni.
Each box comes with a relic or an auto with me pulling a relic.
Some of your 2021 World Champion Atlanta Braves!
The Metallic Foil parallels are impossible to see.  You have to feel them and even then they can be missed on first pass through the packs.  Some of the card decoration is raised.  Kind of cool but definitely not a visual aesthetic.  

Each Mega box comes with an ornament.
A third of the box were rookies.
If only we had gotten an "Uncle Larry" holiday McCutchen card...
Really glad I found this box which was in a Wal-Mart I don't get to often.  Always fun for the holidays.  Hope you all have a great day and that Santa is good to you.  Merry Christmas!

BREAKDOWN:
100 – Total Cards
33 – RC
5 – Metallic Parallel
2 – All-Star Rookie Cup
1 – Rare (1:20 Packs)
1 – Holiday Relic

8 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas. I built the base set already, working on the variations and ornaments (want lists under set builds/misc.). I was lucky last month, When I first seen these out, there was literally 100 boxes on the shelf.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got lucky as I said. Still haven't seen any of these on my local Wal-Mart's shelves. I hope Santa Claus was good to you. Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  2. This isn't something that I'd collect, but I do like this years design a lot more than I have the last couple of years. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas! Definitely some designs work better than others and it is a niche thing.

      Delete
  3. The snowman relic is cool. I hope you had a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Merry Christmas! I do like the look of the relic..not the Yankee on the relic but still...

      Delete