Sunday, December 12, 2021

Random Wax: 2020 Absolute Football (5 Dollar Tree Packs)

2020 Absolute Football: Von Miller still hasn't registered a sack for his new team, the Rams, but you have to think on that defensive front he'll get his shots at the quarterback.  These Dollar Tree packs came with one yellow parallel per pack.  This design overall is one I like with the lace prominent in the look.
Nice to see Matthew Stafford who is also on the Rams now and has the Rams in the playoff mix.  The Vikings may only be 6-7 this year but it isn't because Kirk Cousins is sloppy throwing the football.  He's thrown 27 touchdowns to just 5 interceptions.  
Both of these guys have had off years after starring in previous seasons.
That Jonathan Taylor yellow parallel looks a lot different this year with the monster season he is having.  He's leading the league with over 1300 yards rushing and 16 touchdowns on the ground.  Some fun football to kick of NFL Sunday. 


BREAKDOWN:
25 – Total cards
13 – RC
5 – Yellow Parallel


4 comments:

  1. One thing I miss about my old job is that there was a Dollar Tree in the plaza nearby and I could pick up packs like these on my lunch break.

    The Taylor is a great pull. I'm so used to Chrome/Prizm that I feel like the other two RCs should be parallels and the 'base' RCs should look like the Taylor(without the yellow)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The RC definitely seem like an insert with the base RC cards getting the foil treatment. In fact when I was looking at these it took me a second to remember why the Taylor didn't have it. Our Dollar Tree hasn't had any cards in quite awhile but I'm hoping they have some coming. Always makes for a fun trip.

      Delete
  2. Nice pull with the Taylor. He definitely is having an MVP season.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is. How little did I know how good he would be when I first opened this pack.

      Delete