Wednesday, December 29, 2021

Black Widow

Black Widow:  Didn't know what to expect from this movie.  Did we need a prequel with Black Widow?  I really like her character from the movies so why not?  I'd heard the movie was good but didn't seem to wow anyone.  I get it but I did enjoy the movie.  The characters really made the movie for me.  I already liked Black Widow and you add in her family and it gets even more fun.  We know Black Widows dies in the Avengers movies so what does this movie do for us?  It provides some fun background to her character's family who should all be used in a future series.  Her sister Yelena and mother Melina are Black Widows and her father Alexei is Russian hero? Red Guardian.  All three would work well in a series focused in Russia.  That said the post credit scenes do give us a glimpse of where they may show up later.  If you like Marvel watch this movie.  It is good.  Maybe it doesn't blow your socks off but I don't think you'll be sorry you did.  And David Harbour was my favorite as Red Guardian while Yelena is setup to be just as good as Natasha.
Natasha Romanoff and her sister Yelena Belova
Red Guardian (Alexei)

6 comments:

  1. Didn't know David Harbour was in it. Cool! Looks like a good cast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they did well with the casting. Made for a good watch.

      Delete
  2. It was alright, but should have been made years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Solid movie. Not my favorite Marvel movie, but not my least favorite either. I'm a huge fan of Yelena. Love her sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely. They did a great job with her character.

      Delete