Monday, December 20, 2021

Wonder Woman 1984

WW84:  I really enjoyed the original Wonder Woman movie but I was hesitant about this one so it took me a while to see it.  It was a letdown.  Really hardly anything in the movie worked for me.  I'm a big fan of Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman but the story here wasn't good.  I also like Chris Pine as Steve Trevor but I didn't like the idea of bringing him back.  I'm good with goofing on the 80s and that is fun.  But it seemed to carry over into some of the characters, specifically the main baddy Max Lord.  The premise for his character just didn't work and seemed goofy.  Cheetah could have been so much more but in the end seemed to be brought down by everything going on around her.  It just didn't work for me.  I haven't heard much positivity about the movie either.  I hope they can get back on track with the third installment from this amazon warrior but this is definitely one you can probably hold off on until you're really bored. 



3 comments:

  1. Agreed...the highlight was the after credits scene!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have this on my HBOmax watchlist, but haven't seen it yet. I guess I haven't been bored enough ;D Happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete