Wednesday, December 22, 2021

Shazam

Shazam: I can't believe this came out in 2019 and that I just got around to seeing it.  I liked it.  I'm probably not as enamored with it as much as some but DC deserves props for putting out a movie that the fans can get behind.  The characters are really good and likable and the story was solid.  I know we have the sequel coming out and look forward to seeing what that brings especially in regards to how the rest of the Marvel family play into it.  To that point I'm also a fan of Black Adam so that movie has me excited.  I know him from the Geoff Johns run on the Justice Society of America run.  I am disappointed Shazam isn't part of that though as Black Adam's natural foil.  I didn't read Shazam comics but did watch the Saturday morning TV series and really enjoyed it.  I'll be curious as to whether or not Shazam is integrated into the DC movie universe.  Joker is an out of universe movie, maybe the new Batman movie due out early next year is, and this one?  Seems like they should all be tied in together.  You can have a big universe with all these heroes in it.  Not saying it's easy but still...
The Shazam logo on his uniform is like a light on his chest which I didn't care for but that's just a personal taste.

2 comments:

  1. I haven't seen the film, and probably never will, but I do have the graphic novel that was the basis for the film -- which was/is surprisingly good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully they can keep this going. I'm sure there are plenty of good comic story lines to pull from.

      Delete