Friday, December 31, 2021

2021 Favorite Cards

 It's that time of the year again where I agonize of my favorite cards of the year.  These can be cards I've featured on the blog no matter how I came about owning them.  This is always so much fun but is so hard.  This non-sport entry takes the top spot for 2021.  How can you beat Frankenstein smoking and taking a shot?  You can't!  This masterpiece was one of the Universal Monsters of the Silver Screen cards I showed off on Halloween.

Football was a tough call but I landed on this Retro Series Earl Campbell from a hanger box of 2020 Donruss Football. It's Earl Campbell, that Oiler uni, and the colors on this card all work so well for me. 

It's great when emotions are caught on cards.  In wrestling it may be a little more scripted but I truly believe these guys are loving the moment.  This 2019 Summerlam All-Stars card of Triple H flexing like a son of a gun is a great card.
This slick looking 1986 Throwback came out of a 2021 Topps Ronald Acuna Jr. tin.  You can feel Yadi in this photo.  That look.  A great player with great intensity.  The card itself looks really good with primary colors of the team name and his chest protector.  And the tats!  If you didn't know who Yadi was and saw this photo you'd want him behind the plate for your team.
This 2012 Press Pass Carl Edwards shows a young Carl Edwards.  Something about seeing him enjoy himself in a scene that would play out throughout his great career.  Him celebrating a win standing in the window of his car.
Upper Deck does photography so well.  I may not be a huge hockey fan but I love seeing their cards every year.  This year's top spot in hockey goes to Thatcher Demko on this 2020-2021 Upper Deck offering. 

 Everyone have a safe and Happy New Year!






8 comments:

  1. Great stuff. It's hard to argue against Frankenstein.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In looking back at the hobby in 2021, I would say that the 1986 Topps inserts were my favorite cards of the year. 1986 was close to the time I began collecting cards. And I am still chasing some of the Hall of Famers in the 1986 inserts from series 1 and Update.
    I really have done so much with hockey cards this year. The goalie card shared is awesome looking!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll remember the goalie card for you. Good luck on the '86 Hall of Famers and glad to hear hockey has been good for you. Happy New Year!

      Delete
  3. Seeing Boris get the top spot makes me happy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How could I not pick him right? Glad you liked his selection.

      Delete