Tuesday, January 4, 2022

2020-2021 Illusions Basketball Blaster with Autograph

2020-2021 Illusions Basketball:  Found some new basketball cards on the shelves in the delayed release of 2020-2021 Illusions which barely hit the stores before 2021 ended.  Unlike Chronicles these flew off the shelves so I'm glad I grabbed a box.  Kawhi Leonard is a classic "what if he had stayed healthy?" guy.  I'm still a big fan and he's only 29 with plenty of years ahead of him as he is surely headed to the Hall of Fame.
This is a 200 card set and I had a great pull from this box.  I have no idea why the Nokic scanned differently than the Beal and Doncic cards. In hand they have the same look and it isn't a parallel.  Scanning anomaly I guess as all three were scanned together.
My pull amongst the rookies was a bit tough as these guys still haven't found their way in the NBA yet though I think Wiseman has a chance.  Anthony Edwards and LaMelo Ball were the highlights in this rookie class but alas I didn't pull either. Tate is averaging 12 PPG for the Rockets as a wing but needs to add a three point shot to his game.
This acetate insert is definitely colorful.  I still haven't decided how much I like it but it might be growing on me.
I've liked Illusions overall as a brand and I do like this year's design.  The primary photo and the subdued foil photo are really clear and look good on the card.  Also glad they used two different photos.  It does need a team logo even if it was small.  The backs are okay.
Roby still hasn't had a good year for the Thunder but he's young so who knows and I never complain about pulling autographs in blasters.
I like these inserts that allow us to see players in multiple unis from their career. I also pulled George's base card.
This was a fun box.  More fun than I expected actually.  Great pull of base cards and that auto was icing on the cake.  Plus it's a design I like.  That is a win in my book.

BREAKDOWN:
36 – Total Cards
11 – RC
3 – Starlight Parallels
1 – Shining Stars
1 – Career Lineage
1 – Instant Impact
1 - Trophy Collection Signature



4 comments:

  1. Cool cards. I agree with you on Wiseman. I think he'll be pretty good if he can stay healthy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm rooting for him though it's not like the Warriors need the help.

      Delete
  2. A lot of Warrior fans around here talk about Wiseman's bright future. Hope he pans out for them.

    P.S. That Harden is a nice looking card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Wiseman is as good a place as any to succeed. If he does I know Warriors fans will be excited to have another great piece for that team.

      Delete