Sunday, January 16, 2022

2021 Illusions Football Blaster with Autograph

2021 Illusions Football:  These weren't even on my radar but saw them at the store yesterday and didn't hesitate to pick up a box.  I've liked Illusions for the most part historically.  This blaster netted me this sweet Patrick Mahomes King of Cards insert.  Illusions likes acetate cards and this is one of the four different acetate inserts I pulled.
I'm good with the design though as always I'll say a team logo would help.  These don't always scan that great or look inconsistent.  Overall I'm happy.  My pull was good as well.  That Cook is a green parallel.
Just over a third of the box is dedicated to rookies.  Never complain about that nor pulling a Mac Jones who looks like the real deal in New England.
That Joe Tryon-Shoyinka auto was unexpected.  He was a first round pick of the Buccaneers.  He started six games and finished with four sacks.  Really happy to pull a Deion.  The Sanders and Fields are more acetates.
Nice insert of the Falcons star rookie tight end.  I'd prefer a color scheme on this more in line with the team colors.  I think that would make these a bit more impressive.
This was a fun box.  Great pull, good design, and an all-time favorite of mine.  Nice surprise to say the least.


BREAKDOWN:
36 – Total Cards
14 – RC
3 – Green Parallel
1 – Illusionists
1 – Clear Shots
1 – Shining Stars
1 – King of Cards
1 – Retired Great
1 – Rookie Signs Autograph 


5 comments:

  1. Cool break. That Mahomes is really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Mahomes is sweet! Looks like an insert from the 90's... which is about the biggest compliment I can offer when it comes to today's inserts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have not seen these cards on the shelves around here. They defintely have a unique look to them. What does the Roethlisberger card look like?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Ben card is a base card. It'll go in your pile.

      Delete