Sunday, January 9, 2022

2021 WWE Heritage Blaster

2021 WWE Heritage:  Finally found a box of this in the wild and couldn't be happier.  After seeing breaks on twitter I was excited to get some in hand.  Wrestling lends to good photos and combined with the design and show it works.
They went with the 1990 baseball base design which I like here.  The colors work.  It's pretty simple. I dig it.  I do like that they added the WWE logo.  Topps missed having one in the origin design in '90.  I'm a big Alexa Bliss fan so I was glad to grab her base card.  
I won't say I've always been the biggest A&G fan overall but I love adding them here as an insert.  The Rock and Macho Man were two guys I wanted and boom there they are.
There are RCs to find though not many.  That Xia Li is a blue parallel #/25. 
This MVP art card is from the 10 card insert set Ruthless Aggression Art.  The Booker T is a Superstars Speak insert which goes to their taglines.  That colorful Jeff Hardy is a sticker.  Those colors clash with his persona there but it is alright.
About what we expect from Topps nowadays on the backs and it's fine.  I would appreciate the addition of something like "Titles Won" with the dates they held the belts.  Maybe just at the bottom under the write up.
More than happy to show more of these off.
There are 77 cards in a blaster so there are plenty of cards here.  I don't feel cheated like I have with some brands that have so few cards in them.  That AJ Styles is a rainbow foil parallel though you can't tell from the scan.
These are some of The Miz Superstar Tribute inserts.
More Alexa Bliss goodness!  This was a fun box.  I like the designs and inserts.  The fact you get so many A&G is a big plus.  Some may not be as excited as I was.

BREAKDOWN:
77 – Total Cards
22 – Allen & Ginter
6 – Rainbow Foil
5 – Miz Superstar Tribute
4 – Retired Greats
2 – RC
2 - Stickers
1 – Superstars Speak
1 – Blue Parallel #/25
1 – Ruthless Aggression Art Card


2 comments:

  1. The A&G cards look really cool. I'd buy a blaster of this stuff if I found one in the wild or online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got lucky. The prices online seem to be $29.99 and up but found this in a store. No hesitation.

      Delete