Thursday, March 28, 2024

2024 Topps Baseball Hanger Box

2024 Topps:  Looks like Hunter Greene is looking forward to the start of the season today just like the rest of us. I kick it off with this Golden Mirror Variation.  Not the first year for these variations and I wasn't expecting this in my first pull of 2024 baseball cards.
I like this year's design.  I know some won't care for the color in the borders, but I like the blending of color with the more normal white borders.
Youngsters get their time as Future Stars, RC cards as well as Rookie All-Star Cup cards (didn't pull one).  All three of these players have had good starts to their career.
Team card.
The neon looking outline within the card front works for me as well.  These are all blue but there are different colors used for the outline.
The backs have all the stats which is the way to do it. Simple back but it hits all the marks for me.  And wow what a career for Verlander.
Rainbow Foil Parallel, 1989 Topps Baseball insert, and Superstar Blueprint insert.  I really like the Blueprint insert.  Not sure why but I'm liking it.
I like League Leaders cards.  Not sure why other companies don't do these with the other sports.  Seems like a lost opportunity.

The League Leaders backs are just as fun.  I enjoy looking back at seeing who was atop the different categories.  Always some fun surprises.  Again, simple but it works.
The Yellow Parallels are hanger box exclusives (two per box).
Checklist
Stars of MLB are nice again this year.  Definitely an insert I like.
Horizontal offerings as well.
The backs of the Team Cards provide a good recap of the 2023 season.

I enjoyed this box of cards.  The design is good and we get a good amount of variety.  Really looking forward to the new season and Topps baseball really help build up the anticipation.  Enjoy Opening Day!

BREAKDOWN:
59 – Total Cards
12 – RC
4 – Stars of MLB
3 – Team Cards
2 – Future Stars
2 – Yellow Parallel
2 – League Leaders
1 – Checklist
1 – Rainbow Foil
1 – Superstar Blueprint
1 – 1989 Topps Baseball
1 – Golden Mirror Variation



9 comments:

  1. That Hunter Greene is a great pull. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Opening Day! I really like the 2024 Topps cards; it is one of the best looking sets from Topps in quite awhile. I love that Jose Ramirez card, but thanks for sharing the Judge/Rizzo card. It is the last checklist I need for my collection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Voting for Verlander.

    I remember when Ohtani was an Angel.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That Strider is sweet! Great action shot... with him giving off that Freddie Mercury vibe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the Mirror Variation!

    ReplyDelete