Friday, March 8, 2024

Random Wax: 2023-2024 Hoops

23-24 Hoops:  These Hoops Tribute inserts are always popular and this Stephen Curry offering is a good looking card.  The Warriors are struggling this season.  Curry hasn't lost his shooting touch from long range hitting 41% of this threes this season.
Jaren Jackson is a perplexing big.  He can score but doesn't really rebound at the center position.  Doesn't mean he isn't good.  Just odd.  He can block shots as evident by leading the league in blocks per game for two seasons.  Maybe he's like me on NBA2K...if I don't block a shot, when I try, then I give the other team a great shot at getting the offensive rebound.
Andre Jackson brings a strong hair game to the league if nothing else.  Amen Thompson is having a decent first season in Houston.
Pure Players inserts can go away in my opinion.  I do like the Ja Morant photo though.  Skyview is better and that's a nice Kyrie photo too.  
Deandre Ayton has been a disappointment in Portland.  I've never been a fan but he really has an opportunity to be a star there but he's posting career lows in scoring per game.  Maybe he just isn't that guy.
I feel like Dwyane Wade is the retired great I get most often nowadays.  They need more retired greats!  We have a Teal Explosion and Purple Parallel here.
Cade Cunningham is putting up 22 points per game along with 7 assists per game this season as he continues to get better each year.

BREAKDOWN:
30 – Total Cards
5 – RC
2 – Hoops Tribute
1 - Skyview
1 – Pure Players
1 – Purple Parallel
1 – Teal Explosion Parallel



4 comments: