Tuesday, March 19, 2024

Random Wax: 3Bros Baseball Pack

3Bros: Another of the packs I picked up from Dollar Tree in January of 2022.  We'll kick it off with this too cool Tim Raines card.  Every time I see it I think it is Tony Gwynn until I look in his glasses and see Raines running.  Raines went to the White Sox for five years after spending the first part of his career with Montreal.
Appropriate photo for Walker who was known for his defense and more specifically for that strong arm of his.  These MVP cards always felt a little weak to me in design but getting another card of greats from the era is good with me.  Part of the fun is getting cards from across the eras including this Diamond King and Sonny Gray is now the ace for the St. Louis Cardinals (though dealing with an injury to start the season).
Love Fleer stickers and I always liked 1991 Fleer even with that bright yellow border and lack of logo.
The packs each contained 10 cards. You can purchase packs and cards directly from their online website which has some interesting offerings.  
Interestingly enough Manwaring and Carter showed up in last week's 1988 Fleer post.  Fun cards and the '85 Topps Joe Carter pull is very nice.

BREAKDOWN:
10 – Total Cards
5 – 80s Cards
4 – 90s Cards
2 – Hall of Famers
1 – Sticker
1 – 10s Cards

4 comments:

  1. I didn't like 91F for many, many years... decades in fact. But I have softened my stance against it and have grown to appreciate the photography. And I definitely see a little Gwynn in Raines' face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. '91 Fleer is always one I feel I shouldn't like but I do.

      Delete