Sunday, March 24, 2024

Random Wax: 1991 Upper Deck Football (3 Packs)

1991 UD Football:  We'll kick off these three packs with Emmitt Smith.  Was never a fan of the Cowboys or this guy while he played.  Of course they beat my Bills twice in the 90s and no, no I haven't let it go.  Still, I like this card and the photo.
Really good photos and players here.  Love this set and the design.  An all-time great for me.  Terance Mathis was just okay with the Jets but took off a few years later in the Atlanta Falcons offense.
Another good photo.  Fullbacks aren't graceful so it's fitting.  Rathman won two Super Bowls with the 49ers.
I'm a fan of any league leader cards and these Season Leaders cards work for me.  Team MVP cards give us another nice look at key players.  Upper Deck didn't get too fancy and it works.  Could of wedged a team logo in there somewhere though.
Great photo.
Again, just good photos.  Wilson played 17 seasons and won a Super Bowl as a backup with the Dallas Cowboys.

Some of the best checklist cards ever.
A Pro Bowl game photo.  Props to Upper Deck even if we didn't get actual Pro Bowl cards.
These are so much fun.  The memories alone are worth it but Upper Deck delivered a great set.

BREAKDOWN:
36 – Total Cards
5 – Team MVP
3 – Team Checklist
2 – Season Leaders



6 comments:

  1. The two Rod Woodson cards are my favorites here as he was the first Steelers player I had a jersey of. The William Perry card is pretty nice too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like the Woodson cards. Good photos on each.

      Delete
  2. Holding my nose and voting for Emmitt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do love that set though, and those hologram variations can be a hot commodity on TCDB.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is great and good to know about the holograms.

      Delete