Sunday, March 3, 2024

Dune (2021)

 Dune (2021):  Wow I'm late to the party on this one.  I read Dune many years ago.  It was a hard read.  Not saying it wasn't good but I think because of that I wasn't in a rush to see this movie.  The 1984 Dune movie wasn't a great success either.  Of course with Dune 2 coming out this week there's been lots of press for the new movie.  I had a friend tell me this one was worth the watch and I wasn't disappointed.  I really enjoyed Dune.  It's been so long since I read the book it in no way shaped how I enjoyed the movie.  It was just a good watch. Not sure how long the movie was but I wasn't wondering when it would end and I was surprised when it did.  It did a great job setting up the second movie.  I won't get to see Dune 2 in the theater.  Our local small-town theater closed for good last month.  That really hurt because getting to other theaters isn't as easy.  I'll just prioritize movies now and have to do the streaming option more often.  But I love seeing movies in the theater and I have to think Dune was great in theaters as will Dune 2.  I've rambled on but know I really enjoyed Dune.  

5 comments:

  1. (1984) Dune set the bar for my friends and I back in the day. If we saw a bad movie... we compared it to Dune. I heard the 2021 was really good... and it must have been... since they're making a Lego set for it. I have it tabbed in Max. Maybe I'll watch it this summer. As for going to the movie theater... it's been a few years since I've gone. I really, really wanted to watch Godzilla Minus in theaters, but I missed out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Gozilla Minus is one I wanted to see in theaters too. Godzilla x King Kong might also be one I look at seeing in a theater. We'll see.

      Delete
  2. - Apparently, there were issues with what Lynch wanted to do and what the studio wanted.
    - I liked the opening narration by Virginia Madsen and wish she had a larger role.
    - Alicia Witt's acting debut.
    - Sting was in it and I thought he did a decent job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Might be one I have to revisit. Been so long since I've seen it.

      Delete
  3. And a pre-Next Generation Patrick Stewart as well!

    We saw pictures of the AMC Dune popcorn bucket. Check it out of you haven't heard about it.

    ReplyDelete