Saturday, March 30, 2024

Random Wax: 2022 Fleer Ultra Avengers Blaster

2022 Fleer Ultra:  This set is one I like.  This Mockingbird photo stood out to me.  In the comics she was tied closely to Clint Barton (Hawkeye) and were even married.
The art is strong on these cards.  Some classic looks as well as updated versions of many of the favorite characters.
Medallion, First Appearance and Ultra-Stars inserts.  First Appearances are pretty cool.  Wish the photo was a bit bigger.  That grey background on each side feels unneeded and the bottom area is clunky.  Stature is the daughter of Scott (Ant-Man) and Maggie Lang.  First I've heard of her. 
Jim Cheung Artist Spotlight card.  I like his art.  Another card where it feels like the photos could take up more of the card.
Silver Age Avengers inserts along with more ladies going deep into Avengers lore. I like adding the classic look for team members.
That War Machine looks like a Red Parallel but it is an Orange Parallel #/549.  Wonder Man is a Green Parallel.  My only complaints about this set is the ultra thick card stock and price point.
Another Green Parallel of one of the great comic artists, George Perez.  We'll end it with an Ultra Power Thanos insert.  The name feels very appropriate.  These cards are always fun.  I like Marvel as much as the next guy.  The grandsons will enjoy these as well once they see them.

BREAKDOWN:
3 – Green Parallel
2 – Artist Spotlight
1 – Medallion
1 – Ultra Stars
1 – Ultra Power
1 – First Appearances
1 – Silver Age Avengers
1 – Orange Foil Parallel #/549



5 comments:

  1. The Mockingbird card is cool. She reminds me of Black Canary on Arrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Voting for Agent 13.
    I know about Perez from his Wonder Woman run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would sample some if they were in other configurations besides blasters. Thanks for showing them off!

    ReplyDelete