Friday, March 22, 2024

Random Wax: 2023-2024 Donruss Basketball

23-24 Donruss:  I love that Basketball Reference used Jimmy Butler's hair from the pre-season for his photo.  Worth the look.  He didn't keep it that way.  I think it might have been a joke but he is having a career year shooting from deep.  Coincidence?  I think not.
Evan Mobley has continually gotten better and is having a really good year in Cleveland.  Injuries continue to plague Philly but maybe they can keep it together while Joel Embiid is on the mend.  The new look Rockets are struggling this year.
These three all bring great hair game to the league.  Bufkin doing a Princess Leia thing there?  Dereck Lively is having a good year for Dallas (8 ppg/7 rpg).
Not my favorite Donruss design.  Just doesn't work for me.
Jaren Jackson is having a career year, but his shooting numbers are down.
Max Strus had an amazing fourth quarter against Dallas a few weeks back to help Cleveland pull off a huge comeback win.  Brandon Miller is having a great rookie year and Paolo Banchero is having another good year in Orlando.  Both of those designs are nice looks.
Lauri Markkanen really came out of nowhere for me last year but is having another good season in Utah.  Fun cards.  I'm enjoying the NBA again this year.  Might be pressing the NFL for #1 in my fandom.


BREAKDOWN:
30 – Total Cards
3 – Rated Rookie
1 – RC
1 – Green Laser Holo
1 – Magicians
1 – Franchise Features


6 comments:

  1. Never seen those Utah jerseys before. Can't say that I'm a fan. I'm guessing they are throwbacks of some kind.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are "meh". It's their Black Statement jersey.

      Delete
  2. Voting for Butler.
    Not sure what's up with the fans. There's a dude celebrating. But there are also people not even looking in Butler's direction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. The fans in the background don't look interested at all.

      Delete
  3. My favorite card has to be the Bachero insert. He was a favorite of mine in his short time at Duke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's doing really well in Orlando. Found his shooting touch from long range this year.

      Delete