Saturday, December 16, 2023

2023 Topps Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi Blaster

 2023 Obi-Wan Cards:  I really enjoyed the Obi-Wan Kenobi Disney+ series.  We'll kick these cards off with the man himself.  Ewan McGregor made Obi-Wan one of my favorite characters in the Star Wars.  Probably #2 just behind Boba Fett.  I like this photo and a good way to start.
The base design is good.  Not great but good.  These are on the thinner more common card stock Topps uses for most of their Star Wars sets. Not the thicker stock they use when going for the classic vibe.
The cards do a good job taking us back to key parts of the series which includes the Inquisitors.  On the right are Fifth Brother and Third Sister.  These are the main protagonists in the story though I won't say they overshadowed Darth Vader. 
Some of the blue parallels.  I'm not a fan of how the backgrounds are masked by the color.
Heroes inserts are good looking cards and an easy way of showing us the good guys.
I really like the Original Art Reprint inserts.
More Original Art Reprint inserts.  The Darth Vader is a Manufactured Patch relic.
Red (#/99) and purple parallels.
A couple of Darth Vader and the Inquisitorius inserts, which I like, as well as a Creatures and Aliens card.
Plenty of good moments from the series help make up these cards.  Purge troopers have a cool look to them. I also like the Inquisitors who make a good foil for the good guys.  I do enjoy these cards.  Won't be finishing up the set or anything but I do like them. 
BREAKDOWN:
61 – Total Cards
10 – Heroes
6 – Blue Parallels
3 – Poster Art
3 – Purple Parallels
2 – Droids
2 – Concept Art
2 – Creatures and Aliens
2 – Darth Vader and the Inquisitorius
1 – Red Parallel #/99
1 - Manufactured Patch




3 comments:

  1. I liked the show too. I thought they did a great job with Princess Leia. She's never been one of my favorite characters, but I loved her personality and the actress they picked was perfect for the job. I doubt I'd ever buy a box of these unless they were super cheap, but I would pick up singles of the Original Art Reprint inserts. They look really cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. The Leia actress and character worked really well. I was doubtful at first but she quickly won me over.

      Delete
  2. I used to go and buy up those Star Wars cards but the recent Topps ones bummed me out with the lack of descriptions on the backs. How were these?

    ReplyDelete