Monday, December 25, 2023

Random Wax: 2023 Topps Holiday Mega Box

2023 Holiday Mega:  Merry Christmas!  I hope Santa was good to you today.  This is my second holiday mega box.  These are fun and this one paid for itself with this 1999 The Santa Archives insert.  The odds for these are 1:161 mega boxes.  Can't beat that and it's perfect for today.
I'm a fan of the 2023 Topps design and they did well not holding back with the holiday version.  That snow sticks out and that's what you want.  No doubt these are Topps' holiday cards.  Look at how excited Shohei is about the snow...and his gazillion dollard contract he signed with the Dodgers.
Youngsters including NL Rookie of the Year Corbin Carroll who helped the D-Backs make an improbable run to the World Series.
These are my two SP inserts from my box.  I enjoy the addition of holiday "apparel" to the photos.
My game-used relic.
No complaints with my pull.  Plenty of great players.
Ozzie and the Braves ended on a sour note after a season where they put up historic offensive numbers.  As long as their pitching staff can stay healthy there's hope they can again be a top contender in the NL.
Speaking of the Braves.  Acuna Jr. took home the season MVP but Corey Seager, more importantly, took home the World Series MVP and helped Texas win a championship.  I was happy to see them take home their first.
Hall of Fame career right there.

Die Cut Ornament insert.
Fun box of cards.  My pull was great and I enjoy the design and the holiday season.  I hope you have a fun day.
BREAKDOWN:
100 – Total Cards
30 – RC
5 – Metallic Parallel
2 – SP
1 - Relic
1 – Topps Rookie Cup
1 – Die Cut Ornament
1 – RC/Topps Rookie Cup
1 - The Santa Archives (Odds: 1:161 Mega)




8 comments:

  1. Trout wins it.
    Shohei and Acuna made it close though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really did. Hard to not go with the card with as long as odds as Santa. And he is Santa and it is Christmas.

      Delete
  2. Ketel Marte looks like a kid looking up at the snow...even though he's actually in Arizona, which is not exactly a great place for that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be a great caption for that card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about being late to the party... but I hope you had a very merry Christmas! Had never seen or heard about those Santa cards. Congratulations on pulling one. I picked up two of these off of Fanatics. Sure hoping I'll beat the odds and pull one too.

    ReplyDelete