Thursday, October 20, 2022

1993 SkyBox The Nightmare Before Christmas

 SkyBox The Nightmare Before Christmas:  Time to start with some Halloween themed cards and this movie is a favorite of mine.  It's animated in a cool way, fun characters and a great story.  
The backs are good.  A truncated version of the photo on the front and a good write-up.  Not just movie quotes but also some context to help set the scene.
Base cards are all horizontal.  The design is good though I'd would have liked some type of logo or movie name to set it off.  Otherwise, plenty of room for the screenshot.  These shots are maybe a bit tougher as you don't get any main characters but with the write-ups on the back they tell a good story.
I don't tire of this movie.  So many good characters.  Sally is a fan favorite and the love story between her and Jack is a favorite part of the film for many.

Great visuals and when you get scenes with lots of color they really stand out.  I like this one quite a bit as it shows of the animation style really well.
Jack of course is the star and it's easy to get caught up with his desire to explore other worlds.  Then he can't wait to be Santa Claus in Halloweentown while bringing the spirit of Christmas with him.
This is the back of one of the character cards.  This of course is Dr. Finklestein. Fun pack of cards.  I think having the entire set would be cool as reading through the backs as you go through them would be akin to watching the movie.
The Front

BREAKDOWN:
8 – Total Cards
1 – Character Card


4 comments:

  1. Great movie! Didn't know there were cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember them from back in the day but once I knew there were some I knew I would check them out.

      Delete
  2. I will have to be on the lookout for this set of cards. My fiancee and her son love this movie yet I have never seen it. I have already been told that we will be watching it at some point soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth the watch. They did a great job. Packs aren't expensive.

      Delete