Tuesday, October 11, 2022

2022 Topps Gallery Blaster

2022 Topps Gallery:  Divisional round baseball starts today and this guy and the Braves take on the Phillies.  Can't wait.  Acuna was injured and missed the playoffs last season.  Hoping he can help propel the Braves to the next round.  It'll depend as much on pitching as anything but the Braves' offense can definitely score runs.  This is a Masterstrokes insert found 1:18 packs.
I like this year's design and some of the photos used.  The Bogaerts photo is probably my favorite.  That Lindor is one of the four Printer Proof parallels found in blasters.  Other than printing Printer Proof on the card I don't know what it gets you.
Plenty of rookies cards in these boxes as well.  Had to share Aaron Ashby and those glasses.  Good look.  He's the nephew of Andy Ashby.
A couple of Next Wave inserts and that Kershaw is a Rainbow Foil parallel.  I like the Next Wave look.
Another fun photo.  Abreu looking like he could step off the field in the 70s and right on to a dance floor.
Love retired greats in these and I'm a big Kirby fan so it is a nice pull.
The backs are a bit different from the norm on cards but I'm okay with that as it adds to the old school feel of these.
McClanahan and the Rays were eliminated from the playoffs in a fun series this weekend.  McClanahan took the loss in his only appearance going seven innings and giving up two earned runs.  You'll normally take that in any game but the Guardians won the game on a walk off homerun.
Fun box of cards.  I probably won't pick any more up except for singles I come across.  Pretty good design and good photos.  Let's go Braves!

BREAKDOWN:
28 – Total Cards
11 – RC
4 – Printer Proof
2 – Next Wave
2 – Rainbow Foil
2 – Retired Greats
1 - Masterstrokes



4 comments:

  1. I like the base card designs. "Next Wave" is a bit of a rip off over old Flair Wave of the Futures, it appears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Base design does look good this year. I knew the Wave inserts seemed familiar and I'm sure that's why.

      Delete
  2. I have not seen much from 2022 Topps Gallery but those are some nice looking cards. I will have to be on the lookout for them. Is the Francisco Lindor available for trade? He is my number one player collection now.

    ReplyDelete