Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Random Wax: 2020-2021 Hoops Basketball

20-21 Hoops:  Excited for the NBA season to start and I'm always excited about these SLAM inserts. Great look and fun cards.  Can Ja Morant and the Grizzlies get back to the Conference Finals after a surprising run last year?  That's the big question Memphis fans are asking.
Some great scorers here with Devin Booker and Bradley Beal.  Victor Oladipo gave the Heat a nice boost after coming back from injuries last season.  Be curious how close to his old self he can be after a healthy off season.
Jaden McDaniels was solid for Memphis last year while the Hawks are wondering if Okongwu is their center of the future after a nice bump in production in season number two for him.  
I like this Lights Camera Actions design with the star.  Another nice SLAM card and a great player in Luka.  Dallas didn't make any huge moves in the off season so I'm curious where they go from here.  And everyone is wondering who Ben Simmons is and what he can be in the Brooklyn offense when fully engaged.
I really like Demar DeRozan and I was really happy to see him do so well in his first season with Chicago.  We'll end it with James Harden.  No longer a Rocket and has made his way to the 76ers via the Nets.  Can he and Embiid take Philly to the next level?  I'm not sure but they should be fun to watch.
BREAKDOWN:
30 – Total Cards
6 – RC
1 – Purple Parallel
2 – Slam Magazine
1 – Lights Camera Action




6 comments:

  1. Looks like the brand has evolved with the times. Nice to see.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The SLAM inserts are nice. I had a subscription decades ago. Wish I would have kept the Kobe one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here. Enjoyed basketball magazines back in the day.

      Delete
  3. Always enjoyed Hoops and it's the set I try to get the most of since Panini took over since they at least have some stats on the back. Thanks for showing the pack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My pleasure. I like Hoops as well and always look forward to their release.

      Delete