Friday, October 28, 2022

Lauren Taylor Topps X Card Buy

Lauren Taylor Topps X:   World Series Game 1 tonight - enjoy!  Lauren Taylor is an artist I've been high on since I first saw her work.  I was able to grab some off of eBay and wanted to show them off.  She's done work for Topps and also sells work on her site.  We'll kick it off with this pretty cool Mike Trout.  Her Millville Meteor take on Mike Trout she did is my favorite, but I don't think it is on a card.
Enjoy one of the greatest to ever take the mound.  I chose players that mean something to me and whose art I liked.  I almost grabbed Freddie Freeman but he's in a Dodgers uni.  I might still do it but not yet.
The backs are all the same except the team logos.  The Yadi didn't have a team logo.  Maybe because it came from Wave 2 and that way doesn't have the logo?  Not sure.  You can pick up autographed cards as well.
Just something about how she does this pictures within a picture thing really does it for me.  Yadi seems to always look good on cards and this one is no different.  The only other player I was really looking for was Rickey Henderson but he wasn't available from the seller I grabbed these from.  I'll get him later for sure.
Really happy to see Ronald Acuna Jr. in that retro Braves jersey.  It's a favorite of mine and he is such a fun player.  Hopefully he and the Braves can make a longer run in the post season nex year.
This card is found 1:10 packs and was the most expensive of these.  It was worth it to me.  I like her art and I like her story.  She's a good follow on social media and a mental health advocate.  She also does art for non-sport subjects and it's fun seeing her present art to her subjects.  This was quick and easy but I'm very happy to show these off and introduce you to Lauren Taylor. 




2 comments:

  1. Wasn't familiar with her until this post... but I love that she added her dog to her card.

    ReplyDelete