Saturday, October 1, 2022

The Munsters (2022)

 The Munsters: I'm a huge fan of this series so I was cautiously excited about the new Rob Zombie take of this classic family.  Bottom line is it was good.  Not real good.  Not great.  But good.  I really enjoyed what they did with the characters.  They are likable and add to the movie.  They are true to the original characters while Rob Zombie put his own twist on them.  Herman was my favorite.
My issues were more along the lines of the story.  It was slow in the beginning but finally picked up and then finished strong in my opinion.  Overall I think we could see more movies based on these characters.  With a better story these characters could really shine.  I do recommend the movie but I'm sure there'll be mixed reviews. 


4 comments:

  1. I watched episodes of the sitcom when I was a kid... but don't have a lot of interest in the movie or the show. I won't say I won't ever watch it... but it won't be anytime soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the most positive review that I've seen for this picture yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you are right and consistently I try to think the best of shows. Being a big Munsters fan I probably focused more on the things I did like as opposed to what I didn't. Take it for what it's worth and don't ignore the other reviews. ;)

      Delete