Sunday, October 16, 2022

Random Wax: 2021 Donruss NASCAR

2021 Donruss NASCAR:  The round of eight in the NASCAR playoffs starts today.  Hailie Deegan isn't in the playoffs or at the Cup level even.  But she will start her first Xfinity race after racing exclusively in the truck series the last two seasons.  She still hasn't finished in the top 20 but Deegan is only 20 years old and is extremely popular.  This is a Retro 88 design card.
Denny is 7th in standings so he has some work to do as he chases his first championship.
Well none of these three are in the playoffs as Bowyer has retired, Truex didn't make the playoffs and Bowman has already been eliminated.  The throwback and base designs work for me here.  I like the inclusion of the driver's car number.
Chase is one of my guys and I love this Contenders card of his.  He's also a favorite to win it all this year out of the remaining eight drivers.  Christopher Bell won last week's race in Charlotte to make the next round of the playoffs.  For him it was a "win and get in or lose and you're out" scenario and he came through.  These Race Kings aren't bad but a bit bland.

Brad Keselowski is still racing but also a team owner.
I like the Retro Series cards.  Colors work well.  Terry Labonte is a former champ and good pull.  Another Deegan in a silver parallel.
I like the color on the Aero Package inserts as well.  Harvick made the playoffs but was eliminated in the first round.  Love the mask on John Hunter Nemechek.  Fun pack of cards.  I enjoy opening NASCAR cards and these are no different.  Plenty of variety help make them fun. Hoping for good vibes for Chase this weekend.

BREAKDOWN
30 – Total Cards
3 – Carolina Blue Parallels
3 - Optic
2 – Race Kings
2 – Aero Package 
1 - Car
1 - Contenders
1 – Retro Series
1 – Rated Rookie
1 – Silver Parallel
1 – Action Packed



3 comments:

  1. That is a cool mask. Not sure why he needed it, sitting in a car by himself, though.

    Deegan is not unattractive.

    I knew drivers had sponsors, but I didn't know they had so many. Some of those suits are covered in logos. Ha.

    What kind of Danica cards do you have?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some Danica base cards and I think one relic that I've pulled over the years.

      Delete
  2. Seems like Panini and Topps rely a lot on past designs and themes. I guess after 40 years... it can be hard to come up with truly unique new ideas.

    ReplyDelete