Tuesday, October 18, 2022

2022-2023 Fantasy Basketball Team Quick Look

I don't think I've ever done this before but thought I'd give it a shot.  I was introduced to fantasy sports in the 90's and been hooked ever since.  I'm the commissioner in the football, basketball and baseball leagues I'm in.  I'm also in a hockey league but I'm not the commish there.  To my team, Fast Break.  I like the makeup overall.  Curry and Young were keepers which is a great start.  Zach Lavine is great, and Deandre Ayton, and Julius Randle are also really good.  I'm not a fan of Randle but if the Knicks bounce back his stats might as well.
Capela and Murray will round out my starting lineup.  Murray was injured last season but no reason to think he won't fill up the box score again.  After that you just don't know.  You hope for good seasons from the rest but you never know.  Westbrook is a huge unknown.  Even with his issues he should be a solid contributor.  Assuming he plays. If things don't work in LA that gamble could go South for me.  I like John Wall.  He should getsplenty of assists and grab some points as well.  Johnson, Hunter, Huerter and White are all good players but who knows what their seasons look like.  
My Draft

I'm not a Randle guy but I felt compelled to pick him as I needed another big and it seemed like a drop off after him.  I was surprised Murray dropped to the 7th round but with his injury last year I'm sure many hesitated.  I really liked Wall and White as late picks.  When I look at other teams it always seems like they are better.  No real buyer's remorse here but I'm not that sure where I'll sit early on.  Just a bit of fun in this post.  Steph Curry will help kick things off tonight so I'm hoping for a nice start to the season.

5 comments:

  1. Wow. Steph slipped to #11? I don't follow hoops that closely... but I'm betting if I played fantasy basketball with my friends, he'd go in the top 10. Then again... I'm surrounded by Warriors Nation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was a keeper on my team from the previous season. No way I'd let him go.

      Delete
  2. Well, you should get plenty of points with Trae and Steph.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck this year! One of the leagues I'm in allows for 3 keepers; I've been running with LaVine, Bradley Beal, and some guy named Giannis.

    ReplyDelete