Sunday, October 30, 2022

2022 Score Football

2022 Score:  These are in the wild and a brand I always look forward to.  I'm liking these at first glance and Drew Brees makes anything look good.  I know Saints fans are wishing he'd had a few more seasons in him.  One of the great ones for sure.  That purple border works for New Orleans as I think Mardi Gras.
The design isn't bad but probably won't go down as one of the great ones.  It does have a score vibe to it with some of the color schemes.  This is a meaty set with veterans and retired greats making up 300 cards while 100 more cards are dedicated to rookies.
Rookies get some love.  Here we have base cards with players in their new team's unis while that Sam Howell is a Throwback Rookie insert.  And I like that design.  How long until Atlanta puts Desmond Ridder in at QB?  They've ridden Marcus Mariota up until now and pretty much refuse to run.  It's kind of worked as they are 3-4 going into today which is a surprise to most including me.
Huddle Up is a simple but nice insert I've come to enjoy each year.
More rookies.  It's always great seeing these youngsters in their college uniforms.  Another simple design but this is one of my favorites.  I would normally think I'd find this bland but in hand I like it.
I like these Sack Attack cards which feature current defensive studs as well as retired greats.
The overall design of the backs is pretty good.  I like the colors and large team logo. Only one line of stats which is always a foul but no issues with the write-ups.
Celebration is a fun insert.  Plenty of variations players do when showing their exuberance but for me the old school spike of the ball is hard to beat.
Retired greats!  You know I love 'em.  And I love Bo and of course Jim Kelly so these were some definitely wins.  I'll chase more of these.  I thought this was a fun pack.  I'm happy with my pull and the cards.
BREAKDOWN:
40 – Total Cards
7 – RC
6 – Retired Greats
4 – Potential
2 – Huddle Up
2 – Celebration
2 – Sack Attack
2 – Throwback Rookie




8 comments:

  1. I already have opened several packs of the 2022 Score football. You hit on several reasons on what I like about the cards too. One insert you did not share but I am collecting is called First Ballot, which features 10 recently inducted players into the Hall of Fame on the first ballot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found some First Ballot inserts in other packs so I'll get to show it off at a later time.

      Delete
    2. If you decide to build the set or any inserts, let me know.

      Delete
  2. I like the design of 2022 Score. I hadn't seen it until you shared.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just hitting the shelves in the last week or so.

      Delete
  3. I like the design too. Not sure about all the isolated photos though.
    Weapon X wins it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isolated photos...I need to remember that. I agree I'd like to see more with players around them.

      Delete