Monday, October 10, 2022

Batman: The Long Halloween Deluxe Edition

The Long Halloween:  I'm a fan of this Batman comic arc.  This deluxe edition is parts one and two of the animated take on the story.  Parts one and two were originally sold separately.  It is a good adaptation.  They make choices for the sake of animation like they do with any story that is done but overall it is a good job.  Splitting it into two parts was a must as there is so much to tell.  It isn't going to be the most action packed animated movie you'll watch but it is good who done it that involves a big part of the Batman Universe.  I do think I figured out who the killer was fairly early but I was never sure.  
The characters I enjoyed the most were Harvey Dent, Catwoman and Batman.  Not a huge suprise as they get the most screen time aside from Gordon but I like the characters.  Most of the villains are done well too but don't as much time to shine.  A few get more time than others and stand out including Calendar Man and Poison Ivy.  This is a must see for anyone that's a fan of Batman and DC animated movies should see this one.  DC does a good job bring stories to the screen in animated form.

SYNOPSIS:
Taking place during Batman 's early days of crime fighting, The Long Halloween tells the story of a mysterious killer named Holiday, who murders people on holidays, one each month.


2 comments:

  1. I will definitely see this at some point.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear. I think DC does a good job overall.

      Delete