Tuesday, October 4, 2022

1999-2000 Fleer Tradition Basketball

99-00 Fleer Tradition:  The start of the NBA season is two weeks away and I'm getting excited.  Today is one a few different packs I grabbed off eBay recently.  Pretty happy with these and they are really fun.  Hakeem was great even in these unis.  Okay the unis are kind of fun so no real complaints.  This is one of the four red parallels I pulled.
Hakeem really made this pack but there are plenty of others I have fun memories of.  Davis and those great Pacers teams and Keith Van Horn who was a part of one of those Nets teams who made it to the Finals.
Look at those crazy good stats!  Love the backs of these cards. you get a different photo and career stats, lots of color.  Well done Fleer.  Well done.  And this is a great photo.
The Rookie Sensations inserts are okay.  Cuttino Mobley averaged 16 PPG for his career.  I never would have guessed that.  Nice Rasheed pull and who didn't like those Grizzlies jerseys and Big Country himself, Bryant Reeves.
I'll always sing this guy's praises.  Yes, he couldn't spell defense, but he was a scoring machine and a marksman from the arc.   Dale Ellis would have been the same in today's game.  This was a Roundball Collection parallel.  Fun pack of cards and great memories.

BREAKDOWN:
10 – Total Cards
4 – Red Parallel
1 – Rookie Sensations
1 – Roundball Collection



8 comments:

  1. Wow, Big Country Reeves. That's a win! Interesting the had East/West Conference logos on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the cards of The Dream and Big Country too. I will have to remember Big Country for my giants mini collection.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my basketball card collection, I have a mini collection of players who stand over 7 feet and one of little men who are 5'11" and shorter.

      Delete
    2. I'll have to put aside the Big Country for you.

      Delete
  3. The red ones aren't parallels. The Western conference got red lettering and the Eastern got blue. Rookies got gold. Roundball Collection is the only standard parallel but there is a Masterpiece which is 1 of 1. They have purple lettering, I've only ever seen one for sale and it was well out of my price range.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have known that. Pretty obvious. And it seems I've come across that before in a football release. Thanks for the clarification Billy. Tough to find details on some of these older sets.

      Delete
  4. Great cards...Panini could learn a thing or do from those excellent backs. Thanks for showing them off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The backs are definitely winners. And yes Panini should take notes.

      Delete